In this post I present an updated methodology to measure TDS with a 0.01% precision using a refractometer.
In this post I investigate the stability of my Brewista kettle with the Brewcoat insulation and an additional layer of aerogel.
In this post, I present a new tool to create custom brew water recipes, which can be built from any soft water rather than distilled water.
In this longer than usual post, I do a very detailed microscope analysis of various V60, chemex and siphon paper and cloth filters.
In this post, I used tasting notes from 1500 bags of coffee too bring out how perceived flavor is affected by coffee varietal and processing
In this post, I discuss the physics of extraction by percolation and immersion and how they lead to very different taste profiles.
Today I decided to measure how repeatable and consistent my manual V60 pour overs are. My expectations were very low, given how variable an average extraction yield I often get when I brew the same coffee a few days apart. To do this, I used some older coffee I had left from a local roaster …
Today I decided to release publicly one of the V60 videos from my Patreon. I plan to make a better quality video eventually for my blog, but in the meantime I thought this would be interesting to a wider audience. Please view this recent post I made about what is going on with Patreon if …
I realize I haven't talked a lot about my Patreon page on this blog yet, so I thought I'd update you all about it in a short blog post. I might remove it later, if it becomes irrelevant, and because I am trying to make this blog a repository of useful resources rather than updates …
This post is a detailed discussion of the effects of coffee grinder seasoning on particle size distributions.