I come back to my last experiment and explore whether the difference in gravimetric vs volumetric flow could be due to changing shot TDS.
In this post, I compare several shots pulled with the Niche to others pulled with the EG-1 and SSP ultra-low-fines burrs.
In this post, I present an experiment showing that deep WDT helps improve repeatability, and I discuss how to improve espresso preinfusion.
In this post I discuss the effects of coffee varieties, origin and processing on average extraction yield and brew time.
In this post I present an updated methodology to measure TDS with a 0.01% precision using a refractometer.
In this post I investigate the stability of my Brewista kettle with the Brewcoat insulation and an additional layer of aerogel.
In this longer than usual post, I do a very detailed microscope analysis of various V60, chemex and siphon paper and cloth filters.
In this post, I used tasting notes from 1500 bags of coffee too bring out how perceived flavor is affected by coffee varietal and processing